Thursday, September 21, 2000

East Providence to Fisherman's Memorial State Park

Rhode Island Beach


I woke up and checked out of the motel. I went to a gas station across the street where I bought breakfast of a muffin and juice plus a Rhode Island road map. The map had a listing of campgrounds and I decided to try to get out to one of them for the night, preferably one near the beach. I decided to walk to Providence. I decided that i would walk to the public transportation hub and figure out where to go from there.

I walked through some nice neighborhoods and past Brown University. I find Providence to be an impressive, clean city. Finally I made it to downtown and through dumb luck I happened to walk right into the bus hub. I looked at the transit map and figured that I could take a bus to Narragansett and then walk to Fisherman's Memorial State Park where there is a campground. The park also happens to be near the ocean! So that's what I did and here I am in site 129. I even walked to a state beach and rode some waves in the ocean.
Rhode Island Waves


I called my dad and informed him of the change in meeting location. I will meet him here tomorrow at about 2:30. Before that I may go back to the beach. It seems that things, though at one time seemingly helpless, have turned out pretty well! 
Narragansett ruins

No comments:

Post a Comment